I have been raving about the new Louis Vuitton Fall 2010 collection. It is so elegant, chic, feminine, and, of course, fashionable.
In my opinion, the A line skirts topped with form fitting tops (somewhat reminiscent of a laid back corset) that accentuate the curves of a woman is one of the major fashion icons for this upcoming fall. It reminds me a lot of the Betty Crocker type dressed from the 50s, with a modern fashion twist for the 21st century. Rather than having cherry red as the main color hue seen in the 50s, the 2010 collection sports brownish-greyish tints with hints of blues, purples and greens, making this perfect for the upcoming fall fashion scene. I love how LV used different fabrics for his A line look, ranging from leather to tweeds, and incorporated cute and simple accessories like the perfect little belt or elbow length leather gloves.
We all know how some designers can go over the top at their shows, but LV’s team decided to keep everything simple, yet classy and elegant. Models’ hair were chosen to be tied back into long pony tails, with natural-esque makeup. The look definitely compliments the pieces being showcased.
My favorites of the bunch are these 2:
My latest obsession lately has been with peacock feathers. They’re so exquisitely beautiful- the lush green and shiny blue tints make them stand out and have such an edge. I also love how they’re been incorporated into fashion and accessories. Check out some cool digs I’ve found:
- Tights (picture source: splendora.com)- These tights could be worn with the feathers on the front or the back- I have yet to find one with the feathers on the side of the leg- When I do, I’ll definitely snag a pair. I’d most likely wear these tights with the feathers on the back of the leg though.
- Headbands: I actually have made some feather inspired headbands myself this past week, and, of course, I incorporated the peacock feather. My picture didn’t come out so great, but it’s the best I can do. Checkout some of these that I found on Etsy… gorgeous!
Etsy Store: Pegasus Maiden
Etsy Shop: LiveInStyle
Etsy Shop: Pegasus Maiden
Etsy Shop: Blacksatinshoes
Etsy Shop: Washed Up Mermaid
- Apparel: I know some of these may not have just the peacock feather, but they’re inspired by peacocks (and their feathers), which make them just as awesome.
- How gorgeous is this tunic!? Etsy Shop: NoraKaren
Picture Source: Polyvore
Picture Source: Style.com
- Jewelry: Check out these gorgeous goodies I stumbled upon- my fave is the gold necklace… but the cuff comes pretty close too 🙂
Picture Source: BonadragPicture Source: Polyvore
Picture Source: Unknown
Etsy Shop: Schmutzerland
- Other paraphernalia: Check out this baby- how cool?! I want a fan like this!! Etsy Shop: WornFlowers I love the beige contrast with the peacock blue- great combo! Picture Source: Splendicity.com Picture Source: Splendid Willow And for all your Beaus out there… we haven’t forgotten them 😉 Picture Source: Fashion Binge
- Last, but not least….BAM! CHECK THAT OUT! I don’t know if I’d ever get a tattoo, but this one is pretty rocking! Picture Source: Tattoo Much
I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I did making it, and that you’re now inspired to add some peacock feathers to your wardrobe :).
picture source: tiny pic
today was soooo cold.
i would have loved to have a pair of these on my ears.
have a great and wonderful weekend!
picture source: couture carrie
today’s item is…
coral patterned tights. i love this pair from urban outfitters. and not to mention…. 2 for 20$! score!
paired with the right top/dress and the perfect boots, you’re all set.
love love love.
it’s also dressing in the holiday spirit.
tomorrow there is going to be a huge snowstorm. i can’t wait. i’m among the minority of snow lovers here who actually anticipate snow storms…. 30 cm!!!
i think thursday will be a build-a-snowman day.
have a good night dear ones
picture source: urban outfitters
the next item to steal the wish list stage is the Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Pump
I actually wrote about them in a previous post around 6 months ago.
If anyone has 850$ to spare, please, please do not hesitate to get these for me.
I’ve been eyeing them for more than a year now.
I am determined to get them one day. I’m not picky about the color, I’ll take any!! 🙂
How absolutely gorgeous and elegant are they? Many celebs have been seen sporting these babies… and I don’t blame them
picture source: In their closet
picture source: In their closet
picture source: Polyvore
picture source: you are who you wear
I’ve always loved the richness of North African culture.
And I’ve always been drawn to their styles of decoration, draping, lighting, color, and tone.
Such detail, such vividness, such bite.
It almost feels alive.
I think that it’s always important to feel warm in one’s home, and the Moroccan style does that for me just perfectly.
Sensual. Bold. Seductive.
Absolutely love the look and the feel.